Sunday 6 October 2013

Basket Making Course Day 2





We completed our second and final day of a short basic making course.
I finished a round shopping basket and started the base of an oval shopping basket that I will complete at home, 
hopefully tomorrow if I get a chance.
While the knowledge and techniques are still fresh in my mind.
I imagine that it is a skill that could be easily forgotten if not practised occasionally. 


This is the round shopping basket in its early stages.


I have just finished the border and inserted pegs as markers for the handle.


I turned it upside down to build the base. I forget the names of the weaves!


And this is the final product, I just love it! I think it looks so traditional and I can think of so many uses for it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments and feedback...